Riga Building College Erasmus+ charter Nr. Ares(2021)1531404-27/02/2021
Erasmus ID code : LV RIGA40
PIC (Participant Identification Code): 946131405
Organisation ID: E10086766
Study program “Building”
Study program “Building” 2020./2021. (subjects, ECTS, lecture amount)
Study program “Architecture“
Study program “Architecture” 2020./2021. (study courses, credits, ECTS, lecture amount)
Study program “Restoration“
Study program “Restoration” 2020./2021. (study courses, credits, ECTS, lecture amount)
Mobility of students and staff of higher education between program countries | Partners of Erasmus+ 2014 – 2021
List updated: 06.01.2020
Mobility of students and staff of higher education between program and partner countries | Partners of Erasmus+ 2014 – 2021
List updated: 06.01.2020.
Mobility of students and staff of higher education between program countries | Partners of Erasmus+ 2021 – 2027
List apdated: 29.06.2022.
Erasmus+ sample documents
Strategic partnership Project No 2020-1-LV01-KA203-077513 Sustainable, High-Performance Building Solutions in Wood (acronym: HiBiWood)
The HiBiWood project promotes environmentally friendly, sustainable, high-performance building solutions in wood. In the near future timber buildings will form a much bigger part of the European and international built environment. In the future sustainable high-performance buildings in wood will be designed and constructed with environmentally friendly wood components, but some amount of steel and concrete construction materials will still remain to satisfy structural, fire prevention, moisture absorption and economic requirements. Using the combination of wood, concrete and steel will provide sustainable solutions to building structures as well as potential to improve building performance and design.
Architects and engineering companies have already started designing high-performance modern wooden buildings. However, now higher education of designers and engineers mostly focuses on steel and concrete buildings, and sometimes on low-rise wooden buildings. In order to satisfy the needs of the employment market, it is necessary to prepare students with innovative applied skills in the area of design, construction and onsite construction management of high-performance building construction in wood. To educate a new generation of students, it is necessary to develop and integrate an innovative multi-disciplinary BSc/BA study module.
Project HiBiWood aims to fulfil the future demands in higher education of students in sustainable, high-performance building construction in wood by transnational and transdisciplinary innovative student-cantered learning approaches.
- To develop and deliver a new trans-disciplinary module on sustainable, high-performance wooden building systems, which meets the needs of the HEIs and employment market representatives;
- To improve competencies of students and teachers in problem solving and team work, innovative thinking, motivation, awareness of cross-professional project input and Project management by using PBL, learning by doing and blended learning approaches;
- To educate all participants (students, teachers, entrepreneurs) in the field of the sustainable, high-performance building solutions in wood construction;
- To ensure open awareness of the project results to local, national, EU level and international target groups.
Main target groups are higher education institutions, in particular teachers/trainers and BSc/BA students, whose specialization is directly related to architecture, civil engineering, construction management or similar subjects. Moreover, it is envisaged that the project will be relevant for business companies and will foster further development of sustainable, high-performance building solutions in wood construction.
In frames of the project four intellectual outputs will be developed: 1) Competency framework; 2) BSc/BA module “Sustainable, High-Performance Wooden Building Systems” (9 ECTS); 3) E-learning platform; 4) Best Practices.
- Riga Building College (coordinator) Riga, Latvia, rck.lv
- Klaipeda State University of Applied Sciences, Klaipeda, Lithuania, kvk.lt
- Study and Consulting Centre, Vilnius, Lithuania, https://www.facebook.com/StudyAndConsultingCenter
- FH Campus Wien, University of Applied Sciences, Wien, Austria, https://www.fh-campuswien.ac.at/
- Cracow University of Technology, Cracow, Poland, https://www.pk.edu.pl/index.php?lang=en
- Häme University of Applied Sciences, Hämeenlinna, Somija, https://www.hamk.fi/hame-university-of-applied-sciences/?lang=en
Project duration: 01.09.2020. – 31.08.2023.